- I will review your resume for free and offer advice. I look at about 500 resumes a week and I know what works and what doesn't.
- A complete resume overhaul ranges from $99.00 - $199.00 depending on what you have to start with. Contact me for details.
- With your resume revamp I will give you a free crash course in interviewing. This takes from 30 - 60 minutes and will give you an edge going into the interview.
Job Search Tips:
- When you send our your resume make sure your voice mail is set up and working. Huge pet peeve of hiring managers and recruiters is a full voice mail box. That will usually send your resume right in the trash.
- Be very careful when applying for jobs on Craigslist and in the Pennysaver. Many of these are not legitimate jobs.
- NEVER pay to go to work. Unless you are becoming an affiliate and selling a product you should never have to pay to work.
- Be sure your contact information, both phone number and email are on your resume. We cannot call you if you don't tell us how!!
- A recruiter will look at your resume for about 30 seconds, it better look good. Check for grammatical and spelling errors. Spell Check will NOT catch every error. Get someone you trust to go over it, make sure they have a good grip on the English language.
- When you save your resume in Word use your name in the title. For example it should be Johndoe.doc. It should NOT be resume2011.doc. You have to be a rock star for me to go searching in my computer for your resume.
- It is appropriate to send an email to those that interview you thanking them for their time.
Check back soon for more tips!